Problems & Ideas
MISTC to Teach
--With Pen Sensing Projector--
- Computer and pen sensing projector: Make sure the computer and projector are turned on.
- Make sure you a seeing two independent screens (if projector is identical, call Support to reset the display).
- Microphone: If you are using a PolyCom, turn on the PolyCom mic (use the button with handset symbol). If it makes a dial tone, unplug its phone line. The wireless mic will not work without PolyCom turned on. Start the wireless mic and clip it on yourself, near your throat.
- Login to Moodle: Log in to your Moodle with your username and password and choose your course, click 'Connect to Class', then 'Connect to Class' again on the next page.
- Set up MISTC: Click 'Request Floor'.
- Click 'Projctr' (upper left of screen) and maximize the resulting whiteboard within the projector screen.
- Set up slides: Using 'Import Slide' on Whiteboard, open your slide file from wherever it is. If it is online, you may need to move it to T:\MISTCDATA\SLIDES\yourCourseID first. Use the 'Save Link As' choice.
- Start recorder: Click on 'Record' at upper left of screen to open the recorder; start it using forward arrow; then import your first slide. (Import only after the recorder is running.)
- If it is not time to start yet, pause the recorder; then click the forward arrow again later to begin teaching.
- After class, upload the recording to Moodle