|Table of Contents|
Installation and Configuration
We highly recommend users installing and running our models first to become familiar with OPNET and the processes we have created. You can download all of them, including Node models, Process models, Packet Formats and other support files, from
Here are the steps to prepare the system for running our models.
- Download all tar files from the web site, and untar them to different directories respectively. You can assign any names to the directories.
- Add all these directories into the configuration file env_db3.5 (or env_db3.0 for OPNET Ver. 3.0) under op_admin directory.
- Before running the simulation, you have to edit the environment file of the model you select, and set the parameters you are going to apply. Each netmodel has its own environment file. Those most important parameters are:
Duration: running time of the simulation.
top.*.*.uapp*: Unicast UDP traffic parameters
top.*.*.mapp*: Multicast UDP traffic parameters
- .InitTime: Simulation time of the first unicast packet;
- .DATA_IAT: Time interval (deterministic) between two unicast packets;
top.*.*.rapp*: Reserve traffic parameters:
- .NGRPS: Number of multicast groups. This number must be less than or equal to 10;
- .SESSMIN: .SESSMAX: The lifetime of each session is a uniform distribution. These two parameters define the minimum and maximum value of its length;
- .DATA_IAT: Time interval (deterministic) between two multicast packets when a session is alive;
- .SESS_IAT: Time interval between two sessions is a exponential distribution. This parameter defines the mean value of the distribution; .InitTime: The simulation time that the host joins a session for the first time.
- .RESVNGRPS: Total number of groups, including multicast groups;
- .STARTGRP: The minimum group index of reserved traffic. Must be greater than 10;
- The meanings of other parameters are similar to these.
- Run the simulation using command:op_runsim -net_name <netmodel> -ef <netmodel>
where <netmodel> could be DebugModel, Routers42 or Routers86.
|Table of Contents|